#cookit: Weekend Tip – Greaseproof Paper
This weekend’s tip is all about greaseproof paper, one of my unsung kitchen heros.
Here are a few things you can do with it that you might not have tried:
- Use as a cartouche on a soup or stew to prevent liquid loss or skins forming
- Fold around meat (such as a chicken breast) to protect when pan-roasting
- Use to line a bowl before tossing and salting chips or french fries immediately after cooking
- Use on top of your chopping board when working with fish, it’s surprisingly grippy
- Wrap your cheese in greaseproof paper before storing in the fridge